Summer is here, and your home projects are in full swing. But does that include updating your windows? Replacing your old windows with new, energy-efficient windows have several benefits. Experts estimate that 70% of a home’s energy loss occurs in windows and doors and 90% of window heat loss occurs through the glass. That’s some serious energy loss! So, there is no better time than now to update your windows. Here are just a few of the benefits you will see from replacing your windows:
- Start saving on energy bills while it’s hot – If you own a home, you are already preparing for the increase in your utility bills as your air conditioning is running non-stop. Older, less efficient windows can cause you to use even more energy during the summer, allowing cold air to escape through cracks and gaps.
- Take advantage of the weather – The majority of window replacement projects occur between May and October. With more consecutive nice days, your project is likely to be completed much quicker and not delayed due to interruptions from mother nature. In addition, having your new windows installed during the warmer months helps the caulk adhere as well, making the seal as tight as possible.
- Remember, winter is just around the corner – The energy saving benefits for window replacements are not just for the hot, summer months. They will also play a vital role in your energy-savings during the cold winter months by keeping the warm in. By replacing your windows in the summer, you’ll be fully prepared for both summer and winter.
At North American Contractors we install replacement windows in a wide range of styles and quality materials to match your home's style and fit your budget. We work with leading window manufacturers to be able to offer the best products, warranties and have financing available.
No matter what your reason for replacing your windows, whether it's greater comfort and energy efficiency, less maintenance or improved appearance (or all of the above), we can help you choose the perfect replacement windows to solve all your needs.
Ready for your window replacement project? Here are some tips to prepare your home for installation date.
- Clean the area around your windows.
- Take down your blinds and curtains. Your hardware should be fine, but you may want to check with the installer.
- If you have a security alarm, deactivate your window sensors before the installers arrive.
- Tree branches, shrubs and flower pots can create obstacles for the installers, so it can be helpful to cut back any foliage or move your flower pots beforehand.
- Move any furniture that might be in the way, so the installers have a clear path from the window to the front door. If you are unable to move certain items, your installers should be happy to assist when they arrive.